Of course I normally blog about travel, but since travel has been a no-go lately, I figured I’d dive into writing about my second favorite topic… CATS!
As a self proclaimed “crazy cat lady”, I am of course very qualified to talk about this important topic! I currently own two indoor manx cats, and they are spoiled by the epic catio my husband built (I’ll save that post for another day!).
Here is the list of 10 of my favorite cat products in no particular order!
1. Cat Stroller– Will you get strange looks from your neighbors? Yeah, probably… #worthit. My cats honestly really like this though because they can look around, not feel restrained, and it rides pretty smooth (no extra jostling). This is great for longer walks or if you want to go outside of your neighborhood. It can be a struggle to squish them in there the first time, but now they aren’t scared and they actually jump in willingly.
2. Cat Backpack– Only certain cats will be okay with this, but if your cat has the personality for it, it’s great! I use this for short strolls around my neighborhood, or if we want to bring our cat on a picnic, etc. They will of course be a little squished, so I recommend the stroller for longer trips! PS- be prepared for strange looks! 🙂
3. Cat Snuggle Hoodie – Not a necessity, but definitely a fun and cute way to stay warm and also coerce your cat into forcibly loving you. My cat doesn’t like to be in it unless I’m sitting, but I’m sure younger or smaller cats wouldn’t mind you walking around in it!
4. Cat Carriers– My favorite brand of cat carriers are the ones from Pet Magasin. They are good quality, and like this one, multi-functional. You can carry them around the neighborhood for fun, ride on a longer road trip, or begrudgingly lay in it on the way to the vet. I have this model too, it’s a basic carrier and not a backpack, but very sturdy!
5. Cat Harness– Only certain cats have the personality and desire to go outside on a walk. If you are lucky to have a kitty who is down for it, this is the best harness! It’s extremely secure, good quality, and comes recommended by famed cat trainer Jackson Galaxy. It seems to be out of stock often on Amazon, but that’s the link if you prefer. As for a leash, really any one will do!
6. “Sunny Seat” Cat Bed– These are a great investment! Both of my cats love them, and they are easy to install. We started out with one but now have three! This is one model we have for larger windows, and then another for smaller windows with a wide sill.
7. Cat Door– We installed these in a few places in our house, and even though it took my one cat over a year to really figure it out, they finally did! These are swinging doors and you can lock them if need be. For a different model, I like these too! Also don’t forget to take an extra step into “crazy” territory, and get a monogram sticker for your cat door like I did!
8. Custom Cat Pillows– You send in a photo of your cat, and voila! They print an artistic rendering of your sweet baby onto the item of your choice. The ones we have are from the Pet Canva website, and they have loads of other items you can smack your cat’s face onto as well!
9. Custom Watercolor Cat Portrait– If you are like me, you want your home decor to showcase your precious angel babies. The best artist I’ve found on Etsy is the lovely Krystal of “Coast To Coast Artist”. For very reasonable prices, she will paint truly beautiful custom portraits of your babies. Support local art, and make your house cute!
10. Cat Memorial Necklace– If you are like me, you were probably really attached to your childhood pets. When my two cats died at the ripe ages of 18 and 19, I found this product was my favorite way to keep their memory alive. They are cute, simple, stylish, and customizable (color and font). You can add in dogs too!
EXTRA! Things my cats have always loved:
Cardboard scratchers, it’s like crack to them. Our cats feel the need to obsessively scratch these each time someone enters or leaves the house.
Cat scratching post with sling bed. We call it “the sling” and our cats basically live in it. Then, when they wake up at night with murder in their eyes, they can scratch the post to their heart’s content!
Catnip-filled “kitty kickers”. When your cat gets into “kill mode” just chuck one of these their way and enjoy the entertainment that will ensue.
Cat Grass– A very cheap purchase, but one your cats will likely be obsessed with. It’s safe for them, helps them be “one” with nature, and maybe results in some puke for you, but again… #worthit
Things my cats liked, but then (annoyingly) got tired of:
Cat water fountain– In the beginning, it was #hype, but towards the end they decided they no longer liked it and are now back to the stagnant bowls of yesteryear. It’s a shame really.
Cat-It ball in tube toy. Again, the light up balls and the novelty factor made this their favorite toy for a good two years. It has since been donated, but wasn’t a bad idea!
Cat-It face scratcher toy. They liked it for a few months, and then being the brats they are, tired of it.
Pin it for later!
As always, all reviews and opinions are my own. However, should you choose to purchase any of the products listed from Amazon, please know that I am an affiliate and will receive a tiny commission!